Well as you guys have probably noticed, our tiki camper has NOT gotten much air time here on the blog. We FINALLY have gotten our life (mostly) in order to the point where we can work on camper projects. How many of you out there have owned a camper for three years before ever taking it anywhere? Anyone? Anyone?? All hands up here.
Our plan is to bring the camper home this weekend to complete most of the major items we haven’t done yet. These include:
- spray painting the toilet and shower
- finishing the peel-n-stick floor
- finishing painting and installing cabinets
- cleaning the whole dang thing
- installing wallpaper in the bathroom (I promise it’ll be cool)
- checking the systems to see what (inevitably) doesn’t work
That’s pretty much it, and so there’s my weekend! I thought you guys might enjoy a little sneak peek of what we’re doing. I brought home all the cabinet doors as well as the dinette table top so we could get those fixed up. Look at these cabinet doors y’all. Gasp.
Some projects we’ve decided not to totally overhaul til later. The cabinets are one of those. The pattern here is hideous to me, but we thought it would be fairly easy to cover. And we had already picked the color we wanted, Behr’s Fudge Truffle. None of this oak shit.
I started with a simple gray spray primer.
Initially my plan was to do the interior of the cabinets a black paint to cover those crap patterns. But then my black spray paint did this.
Because I’m a live-in-the-moment kind of gal I took that to mean God REALLY wanted the cabinets to be another color. So I went with green. I sprayed just the interior square and then gave the rest of the cabinets three coats of Fudge Truffle.
Honestly from afar you don’t hardly even see the pattern! I can’t wait to get these installed this weekend and show you guys
We also needed to fix the dinette table. It had a giant rip in the plastic coating and we just weren’t really sure what to do with it. It converts into a bed so we weren’t quite ready to get rid of it completely. I had the idea of cutting a thin piece of plywood and just adhering it to the top.
First we traced the table top onto the wood. Then the Husbeast cut it out with a jigsaw and put a LOT of wood glue between the layers. We let it sit overnight to really adhere well.
Then we stained it a beautiful dark walnut. Husbeast had the idea to paint the edge black so it all just kinda….blends.
Just a reminder it’ll be going here:
Can’t wait to show you guys the rest!
I bought something this weekend for the bedroom of the camper….here’s a little teaser.